A translation is far more than the rendering of an original text into another language.
It is, in fact, knowing both cultures of the languages involved so much so that both texts will cause an identical reaction in both languages. It is a powerful and often overlooked communication tool!
My Background in Translation Studies
I am a professional translator with a degree in English-Spanish Translation from the Universidad Católica de Temuco in Chile (South America).
This four-year academic training in the techniques of translation included, among others:
- Critical/Theoretical/Historical Approaches to Translation
- Advanced Translation and Language Study (translation between English and Spanish)
- Terminology and Translation Project Management
- Specialized Translation (Development, Commercial, Legal, Technical and Medical Translation)
- Linguistic Structures
- Research Skills and Methods
English-Spanish Translation Services
- A decade of experience in bilingual management and English-Spanish translation in local and international contexts. Read more about my professional background.
- Experience in the field of international finance, development and cooperation, international business (fair trade, inclusive business, export of crafts), communications and public relations, management (non-profit organizations, textile industry), and community development, among others.
- Proven skills in both written and spoken bilingual communications.
- I can work on files in the following formats and/or pagination applications: Adobe Indesign CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, QuarkXPress 2016, and Microsoft Powerpoint 2016. Retired applications like Adobe Pagemaker and CorelDraw can also be supported. This will help you save time, project costs and the extra difficulties of a graphic artist dealing with a text in a foreign language.
My clients know they can trust me. For more information about my clients, please visit this page. Start now your translation project and you will not be disappointed!
French-Spanish Translation Services
Also available is the service of translation from French to my native tongue, Spanish, or from English or Spanish to French (done by a native French translator). Send us a note and we will be glad to help!
I use automated translation tools, one of which is SDL Trados Studio Professional–which assures consistent brand, tone of voice and content quality across all languages and translation projects.
Additionally, I can also apply my translations directly to client-provided files in the language of their choice without hiring a graphic artist to complete, saving time and project costs.
I can do this by using pagination applications like Adobe Indesign CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, QuarkXPress 2016, and Microsoft Powerpoint 2016. Retired applications like Adobe Pagemaker and CorelDraw can also be supported.
Prices and Payment
Translation projects are charged differently depending on the project, either per number of words in the source text or per hours of work. In general, I charge US$0.12/word, or US$30/hour of work. Please request a free quote or let me know details of your project in this link so I can give you a personalized price for your project.
A surcharge of 15% is applied for express translations (“Urgency Fee”) to be delivered within 7 working days. There are also discounts for repetitions.
Regarding payment, I can receive payments through Bank transfer, check, or Paypal. I usually request new clients to pay 10% for the estimated cost of the project in advance. Translation projects bigger than 10,000 words are divided into assignments/phases, which are paid independently in order to be delivered to the client.