My Professional Background
I am a professional English-Spanish Translator, certified by the Universidad Católica de Temuco in Chile, with a four-year English-Spanish Translation degree.
I started my career in 2002 in bilingual communications with the Fundación Chol-Chol in Chile, with the following order of professional challenges:
- Head of National and International Relations–Responsible for creating and putting in practice a national and international strategy for volunteers management, as well as public relations & communications.
- Resources Development Head–Added tasks included research, fundraising and grants writing.
- Executive Director— In charge of the bilingual management of the organization and its efforts in Chilean civil society and as a member of the World Fair Trade Organization. Tasks included Community Development, National and International Business Management, Public Relations & Communications, Grants Writing and Resources Development, Volunteering Management, Administration.
- Volunteer Board Member of the Latin American Chapter of the World Fair Trade Organization–I had to wonderful opportunity to participate in Fair Trade advocacy initiatives carried out in Chile as well as the Latin American region. I also participated in international meetings in order to inform decisions on policy making and regional and local promotion and practice of Fair Trade practices as outlined by the World Fair Trade Organization.
Alongside my work with the Fundación, I continued to work on freelance English-Spanish translation and occasional consecutive interpretation.
My expertise includes the following fields:
- Non-profit organizations, Civil Society
- International Cooperation & Development
- Business, Fair Trade, Inclusive Business
- Social, Community Development, Research
- Communications (Press, Media, Internet)
- Volunteers Management, Human Resources
- Handicrafts, Textile Industry
- Tourism, Entrepreneurship
Today, I offer tailored translation and bilingual communications services to organizations and individuals. I am currently dedicated to the translation of texts in the fields of international finance, development and cooperation with multilateral cooperation organizations working in the Latin American and Caribbean region. I continue to translate and produce bilingual marketing material for companies and individuals, and to do transcription and informal consecutive interpretation. As a member of the translation team of the Agencia LTS Mundo in Santiago, Chile, I worked on projects for the World Bank and the United Nations.
I offer other services, complementary to translation, such as: Adobe Indesign CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, QuarkXPress 2016 and Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 (also Adobe Pagemaker and CorelDraw if necessary).
Prices & Working Terms
Since all my services are tailored to your needs, please contact me using the Contact Form to request a personalized quote for your project, or to learn more about my prices, translation process or payment methods. All of my communication with clients is limited to email, but Skype chats and calls can be scheduled in advance as needed.
Other Professional Experience
- Member of business promotion team for the Mapuche Weavings from the Fundación Chol-Chol in Chile at Gift Shows in Los Angeles (California) and Chicago (Illinois) – January 2010, United States.
- Member of team of market prospection mission to the West of the USA for the Mapuche Weavings from the Fundación Chol-Chol in Chile (California and Washington states) – September 15th – 25th, 2007.
- Fair Trade representatives at the Second National Social Economy Seminary organized by INPADES at Trelew, Argentina – November 8th-10th, 2006
- Representing Fundación Chol-Chol at the 6th CIVICUS World Assembly in Glasgow, Scotland – June 21st-25th, 2006.
- Representing Fundación Chol-Chol at the 2nd International Forum on Solidarity Tourism and Fair Trade in Chiapas, Mexico – March 23rd-27th, 2006.
- Awarded with Scholarship to participate at the Seminar “Youth Leadership, Democracy and Social Development”, dictated by the Inter-American Institute for Economic and Social Development from the Inter-American Development Bank, in Washington, D.C., USA – November 15th-20th, 2004
- Member of business promotion team for the Mapuche Weavings from the Fundación Chol-Chol in Chile at MIDDFEST Festival in Middletown, Ohio, USA – October 2nd-4th, 2004
- Awarded with Scholarship to participate at the Conference “Europe, Youth and Globalisation”, organized by the Counsil of Europe, at Strasbourg, France – May 4th-9th, 2004
- Member of business promotion team for the “Market Prospection in Canada” and “Market Penetration in the USA” for the Mapuche Weavings from the Fundación Chol-Chol in Chile, from September 10th to October 10th, 2002