My Certification in Translation Studies
I have a Bachelor degree in English-Spanish Translation granted by the Universidad Católica de Temuco en Chile in 2002. This academic training included, among others:
- Critical/Theoretical/Historical Approaches to Translation
- Advanced Translation and Language Study (translation between English and Spanish)
- Terminology and Translation Project Management
- Specialized Translation (Development, Commercial, Legal, Technical and Medical Translation)
- Linguistic Structures
- Research Skills and Methods
My Professional Background
I started my professional career as a Translation student providing freelance English-Spanish translation services including consecutive interpretation to different organizations and individuals.
Upon graduation, I was hired by Fundación Chol-Chol in Chile, to fulfill the following roles:
- Head of National and International Relations–Responsible for creating and putting in practice a national and international strategy for volunteers management, as well as public relations & communications.
- Resources Development Head–Added tasks included research, fundraising and grants writing.
- Executive Director— In charge of the bilingual management of the organization and its efforts in Chilean civil society and as a member of the World Fair Trade Organization. Tasks included Community Development, National and International Business Management, Public Relations & Communications, Grants Writing and Resources Development, Volunteering Management, Administration.
I was also a Volunteer Board Member of the Latin American Chapter of the World Fair Trade Organization–I had to wonderful opportunity to participate in Fair Trade advocacy initiatives carried out in Chile as well as the Latin American region. I also participated in international meetings in order to inform decisions on policy making and regional and local promotion and practice of Fair Trade practices as outlined by the World Fair Trade Organization.
My expertise includes the following fields:
- Non-profit organizations, Civil Society
- International Cooperation & Development
- Business, Fair Trade, Inclusive Business
- Social, Community Development, Research
- Communications (Press, Media, Internet)
- Volunteers Management, Human Resources
- Handicrafts, Textile Industry
- Tourism, Entrepreneurship
Other Professional Experience
- Member of business promotion team for the Mapuche Weavings from the Fundación Chol-Chol in Chile at Gift Shows in Los Angeles (California) and Chicago (Illinois) – January 2010, United States.
- Member of team of market prospection mission to the West of the USA for the Mapuche Weavings from the Fundación Chol-Chol in Chile (California and Washington states) – September 15th – 25th, 2007.
- Fair Trade representatives at the Second National Social Economy Seminary organized by INPADES at Trelew, Argentina – November 8th-10th, 2006
- Representing Fundación Chol-Chol at the 6th CIVICUS World Assembly in Glasgow, Scotland – June 21st-25th, 2006.
- Representing Fundación Chol-Chol at the 2nd International Forum on Solidarity Tourism and Fair Trade in Chiapas, Mexico – March 23rd-27th, 2006.
- Awarded with Scholarship to participate at the Seminar “Youth Leadership, Democracy and Social Development”, dictated by the Inter-American Institute for Economic and Social Development from the Inter-American Development Bank, in Washington, D.C., USA – November 15th-20th, 2004
- Member of business promotion team for the Mapuche Weavings from the Fundación Chol-Chol in Chile at MIDDFEST Festival in Middletown, Ohio, USA – October 2nd-4th, 2004
- Awarded with Scholarship to participate at the Conference “Europe, Youth and Globalisation”, organized by the Counsil of Europe, at Strasbourg, France – May 4th-9th, 2004
- Member of business promotion team for the “Market Prospection in Canada” and “Market Penetration in the USA” for the Mapuche Weavings from the Fundación Chol-Chol in Chile, from September 10th to October 10th, 2002